What You Should Know About Water Damage and Mold in Your Home
If you have sustained and untreated water damage problem, it’s likely to lead to a mold and mildew problem. This is simply because mold growth indoors is usually linked to a moist, damp environment. Water damage and mold in your home can occur as a result of:
- Insufficient drying and de-humidification of the air, floors and walls in your house
- Flooding, leaky roofs, poor building maintenance and indoor plumbing problems
- Basement water damage, drainage and ventilation problems
A single episode of flood damage can cause mold and mildew to grow inside the walls and underlying foundation and building structure. A period of high humidity can result in a sudden and widespread mold problem. Under the right “nurturing” conditions, mold and mildew can become a problem overnight!
At Indiana Restoration & Cleaning Services, Our mold remediation Noblesville team treats water damage and mold in two stages:
- We first treat the underlying problem – any excessive moisture and existing water damage to prevent further mold and mildew growth.
- The next step involves a comprehensive mold mitigation and mold remediation process, where we eliminate the mold and fungal growth, as well as all contaminated materials. This is done through an intensive process that includes contaminating removal, cleaning deodorization, structural drying, dust/hvac cleaning, contents restoration and structural repair and restoration.